A successful candidate will work closely with both the Operations and DevOps teams to create a seamless transition of knowledge as well as ensuring we meet a high degree of quality in our application development processes. Primary responsibilities will involve continuous review and execution of test plans on our web applications and ensuring that all English and French verbiage is accurate and correct. Additionally, at each major functional release, the candidate will coach and train Operations team members on new additions or features and assist with the rollout to clients.
As a member of the DevOps team, the candidate would also work directly with Operations Support to provide web-based, email, and phone support to users as required.
- Perform exploratory black-box tests and find defects in projects.
- Work with UX designers to ensure applications are easy to use while satisfying business requirements.
- Perform integration testing with other software in various environments.
- Create detailed bug reports.
- Create, execute and document results for use cases and test cases.
- Confirm functionality of features.
- Test planning, scoping and estimation of QA effort.
- Perform manual testing for our SaaS application, including: functional, smoke, and regression.
- Accessibility Testing (WCAG AA, screen readers, colour contrast, keyboard testing, etc) experience.
- Work in a collaborative environment alongside our developers, manual testers, & automation team.
- Assist in problem investigation and resolution.
- Manage tickets through our internal system.
- Integrate with the Operations Support team to provide an escalated level of support to users.
- Work day-to-day with DevOps to plan QA efforts for future releases.
- Compatibility testing (cross-browser, platform and device) experience
- Knowledge of client-server HTTP requests (CRUD, RESTful) using tools (Charles, Fiddler, Firebug)
- Extremely organized, with good time management
- Experience with different operating systems and web browsers
- Able to collaborate well and work cohesively with multiple groups
- Work closely with tech support to communicate timelines and resolutions to the end user
- Answer incoming phone and email requests from customers and be able to triage when needed
- Great interpersonal and customer care skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers, partners and fellow employees
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, ability to learn quickly and adapt
- Exceptional time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Work well in a team setting
Location: Airdrie, Alberta