ModoHR’s corporate environmental strategy is geared to make a difference. Our strategy is to have every facility or operational policy include goals and targets related to greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, waste and/or water consumption.
How we make a difference
- Reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions is core to our company and team. Our goal is to be carbon neutral and we are committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions in our operations.
- As a technology company, we use very little paper in our offices, operations, or marketing. All our Finance, HR, legal agreements, and day to day operations are paperless. We remain committed to conserving forest resources by not using paper.
- We are committed to safely manage and recycle end-of-life electronics. Unwanted electronics are the fastest growing segment in an already expanding solid waste stream – yet upwards of 90% of component parts can be recycled. We subscribe to the ever changing EPRA initiatives for Recycling Policy. EPRA is a not-for-profit Extended Producer Responsibility Association. Established by major producers and retailers of electronics to provide industry-led and regulated recycling programs for unwanted electronics. Members of EPRA include Electronics Product Stewardship Canada (EPSC) and the Retail Council of Canada (RCC) and their members.
- We are committed to procure locally and responsibly, to the extend possible we consider environmental and social issues that can impact our business, our supplier’s business and communities. We consider the environment, health and safety, regulatory compliance, human rights and labour standards.
- We are committed to efficient use of facilities and reduced office space where possible. We have two secure facilities, one in Calgary, the other in Coquitlam and collectively they are approximately 4000 sq ft. The secure facilities are required due to the nature of our business, as we work with personal identifiable information, police services, and credit bureaus. That being said, where possible most of our work force is working remotely from home, and our long-term plan see less requirement for office space.